A woman’s body goes through so many changes during pregnancy. One issue many pregnant women often deal with is body odor and excessive sweating during pregnancy. Finding the best deodorants for pregnancy is no easy task!
During pregnancy our hormones are all over the place which can often lead to an excess in sweating.
There are so many deodorants on the market today that it makes it hard for a pregnant woman to choose the best pregnancy-safe deodorants.
We make that easy for all you mamas out there! We tried and tested all of these natural deodorants and chose the best natural deodorant for pregnancy!
When looking for a deodorant during pregnancy, you’ll want to steer clear of any aluminum compounds. It seems that the jury is still out on whether or not aluminum based antiperspirants can cause cancer. You can read more about that here.
However, it’s best to be extra cautious during pregnancy and the less aluminum or harmful ingredients you put on your body, the better you and your baby will be!
Below are our top picks for the best deodorants for pregnancy! You can be sure that these deodorants fight against odor and sweat naturally without having to worry about toxic ingredients or artificial fragrances. These deodorants on our list include safe ingredients like shea butter, vitamin e, coconut oil, and baking soda which work hard against body odor and sweat.
How did we come up with this list and what makes it so different than other lists?
These deodorants were tested by pregnant women and postpartum moms AND have been rated by the EWG. The EWG’s Skin Deep Ratings break it down for you so you know exactly what’s in every product you put on or in your body.
To learn more about the EWG and search for products of your own, click here.
This article contains affiliate links, click here for our full disclosure policy.
Best Deodorants for Pregnancy
Best Overall Deodorant- Native
Native deodorant is one of the best deodorants made with natural ingredients on the market today! So it’s safe to say it great for pregnant women to use as well. Here are some key factors that make this deodorant so good:
- EWG gives Native a number 1 on their rating system which means it’s one of the safest deodorants with little to no toxic chemicals added
- Plastic & Aluminum free
- No parabens, phthalates, and talc
- Glides on easy and smells fantastic!
- Works great and lasts to keep you smelling fresh for hours
- Coconut & Vanilla scent is a hit among pregnant women
- Can buy it in most stores so it’s easy to find
The only con with this deodorant is that it’s a little pricy if you’re used to buying regular deodorant. However, it’s easy to find and worth the price if you want something that smells great and works well without any harmful chemicals.
Click the photo below for more info:
Safest Deodorant –
Each & Every Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
Each & Every deodorant is one of the safest, aluminum-free deodorants you can buy today. It’s long lasting and made with dead sea salt instead of baking soda which makes it unique. Here are a few more great facts:
- Non-toxic and rated EWG verified which is the highest rating score on their system. This means no harmful chemicals or toxins were used to make this deodorant.
- Free of aluminum, synthetic fragrances, alcohol, parabens, baking soda, and phthalates.
- made with Dead Sea salt and essential oils that are safe for sensitive skin
The only downside we could find with this deodorant is that it is more expensive than most deodorants. You certainly do get what you pay for because it’s super safe to use, lasts long, and is a great deodorant for pregnant women.
Best Long-Lasting Deodorant – Humble
Humble is a one-of-a-kind natural deodorant that prides themselves in having only 4 simple ingredients in their deodorants! This deodorant is also very safe to use during pregnancy. It smells great and lasts long and one of the best things is it has a great price point as well!
Here are a few things to know about Humble:
- Humble is rated a 1 on the EWG website which means it’s one of the most natural and safest deodorants
- Only contains 4 ingredients, Non-GMO corn starch, beeswax, fractionated Coconut oil, and baking soda with added essential oils like tea tree oil
- No aluminum, alcohol, dyes, parabens or artificial fragrance
- Many natural fragrances to choose from
- This is a long-lasting deodorant
- They also carry a deodorant stick, vegan/sensitive-skin version, that is made without baking soda
Humble is also affordable too! Making it one of the best all-natural long lasting deodorants on the market today and very safe for pregnancy!
Best Smelling Deodorant – Earth Mama
Earth mama wins for the best smelling deodorant for pregnant women. Moms everywhere rave about the ginger and lavender scents. This deodorant does a great job at masking unpleasant body odor during those pregnancy and postpartum months!
Here are a few more interesting facts that make this deodorant the best choice for some women:
- Earth Mama is rated a 1 on the EWG scale which you can find here. This rating means it is one of the safest, most natural deodorants on the market.
- Earth Mama is made with natural ingredients and left out all the harsh chemicals like artificial fragrance, propylene glycol, parabens or aluminum.
- Their safe products are formulated with effective organic ingredients, safely supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women and their babies
- Women rave about the scents of Earth Mama deodorant and it is a light scent that didn’t bother pregnant women through the first trimester or morning sickness stage.
- Earth Mama is reasonably priced and you can find it at any Target!
There are a few cons with this deodorant. The texture seems to be a bit messy and doesn’t glide on very well. Also, it is made with magnesium hydroxide, however, it is a small amount so it still is a great choice for pregnant women and EWG still consider it a #1 on their rating system which makes it a great option.
Best Unscented Crystal Deodorant – Crystal Mineral Deodorant
Crystal Mineral has a few different scents but the unscented version is rated one of the safest deodorants for pregnancy you can find. Crystal Mineral invented the first mineral salt deodorant 30 years ago making it the first naturally-derived one ingredient deodorant on the market.
Here are a few more pros about Crystal Mineral:
- Contains one main ingredient called potassium alum which is a natural mineral salt
- It is rated a 1 on the EWG scale which you can see here
- Free of aluminum chloride, parabens, sulfates, phthalates artificial fragrances, or colors.
- 24 hour Protection
- It won’t block your pores and allows your body to function naturally while still fighting odors
- Crystal Mineral is vegan, cruelty-free, safe, and effective
- Just as affordable as other regular deodorants on the market
- The scented versions of this deodorant are safe but are rated a 2 so not as natural and safe as the unscented version.
The biggest cons people have mentioned was the dispenser is a bit flimsy so if you drop it, the crystal can break into pieces. Also, the crystal is almost like a rock rather than your average deodorant stick which many had a hard time getting used to.
Overall, not too many cons, it lasts a long time and is safe to use for pregnancy!
Hope you like our list of the 5 best deodorants for pregnancy that are safe to use! Here is a better buying guide below:
|Native Plastic Free Deodorant | Natural Deodorant for Women and Men, Aluminum Free with Baking Soda, Probiotics, Coconut Oil and Shea Butter | Lavender & Rose||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Each & Every Natural Aluminum-Free Deodorant for Sensitive Skin with Essential Oils, Plant-Based Packaging, Lavender & Lemon, 2.5 Oz.||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|HUMBLE BRANDS Aluminum-Free Natural Deodorant for Women and Men, Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorant, Formulated for Sensitive Skin, Moroccan Rose, 2.5 Ounce (Pack of 1)||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|Earth Mama Calming Lavender Deodorant | Safe for Sensitive Skin, Pregnancy and Breastfeeding, Contains Organic Lavender, Calendula and Coconut Oil with No Fragrance Chemicals, 3-Ounce||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
|CRYSTAL Deodorant Stick (30003), Unscented, 4.25 Ounce, White||PrimeEligible||Buy Now|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
And there you have it, the best pregnancy-safe deodorants! These deodorants will keep you dry, smelling fresh, and feel great without any harsh toxins so you know you and your baby are safe!
You may also be interested in:
- 6 of the top rated Maternity leggings
- Frist Trimester Must Haves
- How To really Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
- 10 Morning Sickness Remedies That Work!
- 8 Pregnancy Symptoms That Show You May Be Having a Baby Boy!